Thursday 18 December 2014

Cutest doughnuts ever?


So next up in my Christmas series is some festive food :)

You can check out the other posts in the series here:
How to make a Christmas Den in 4 easy steps

But back to the food. I saw these ridiculously cute reindeer and snowmen doughnuts on LoveFromTheOven’s blog and having just bought a 3-in-1 donut/cake/cake pop machine knew I had to give them a go.

I pretty much followed exactly what she recommended – you can read her whole post with step-by-step instructions here.
 
If you compare my photos next to hers mine are definitely much more amateur looking but I am still really pleased with how they turned out. They were also the first doughnuts I’ve ever made so I was doubly pleased!

Here are a few pictures of the making process:

Naked doughnuts ready for decorating :)

All the decorations ready to go...

First step in creating Rudolph and friends

Finished reindeer :)

Oops white chocolate is a lot harder to melt than milk chocolate... Had to improvise with sugar glaze instead!

The first 2 snowmen finished

Snowmen cuteness :)

How crazily cute are they?! I took them along to Doof’s nursery Christmas party and am now just waiting for another excuse to make them again...

******
Have you made any festive-themed food? I’d love to hear about it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment